Obtaining a CHP Accident Report in Santa Cruz County.

Posted by Michael D. Rehm | Aug 19, 2016 | 0 Comments

In any accident case, it is a necessity to obtain the accident report from whatever law enforcement agency was responsible for investigating the accident and writing the report on it., More often than not, that law enforcement agency is the California Highway Patrol. In Santa Cruz County, there is only one CHP office. It's location:

10395 Soquel Drive
Aptos, CA 95003-4937
Phone: (831) 662-0511

Only authorized parties can obtain the report. Examples of authorized parties include the individuals involved in the accident, owners of the vehicles (if they were not actually involved), lawyers for the parties involved, insurance adjusters, etc. The CHP has their own form you use to request the collision report. It can be found here. This form is accurate as of August 18, 2016. Any new form would not be difficult to obtain though, it should be readily available on the CHP's website. You must walk in or mail the form to the CHP. Keep in mind, if you were involved in an accident in Santa Cruz County, but live outside of the area, you can walk into any California Highway Patrol office in the whole State of California and request and obtain a report that occurred anywhere within California, assuming of course that the CHP was the agency responsible for writing the report.

Santa Cruz Accident Attorney Michael Daniel Rehm provides representation on all accident matters throughout Santa Cruz County, and is available for free consultations at (831) 420-8082.

About the Author

Michael D. Rehm

Bachelors Degree: UC San Diego Law Degree: University of the Pacific-McGeorge School of Law Licensed in California & New York since 2006, passing both bar examinations on the first attempt.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment